A small sampling from a “moderate” Blogging Tory:
• I utterly reject social progressivism, except perhaps in the case of hereditary rights. I do not believe in progressive taxation, nor social security for employment, nor government control of free markets. I do not agree with surrendering 33% of my income toward social progressivism. As a classical liberal I believe in the free market, with restrictions only on collusive interests and foreign manipulation of domestic controls.
• There’s something I’ve never quite understood about “Hispanics”. They are essentially a mixture between Spanish European descendants and South American and Central American Indians. Many of them certainly look as “white” as any other American, but are ethnically referred to as Hispanic.
• [T]he very suggestion of cultural preservation for the colonial founding ethnicity is more or less like declaring allegiance to der Fuhrer.
• The sixties ideology of multiculturalism should be denuded for what it truly represents: the historical revisionism to portray Canadian culture as having developed from the colonial interests of white oppressor groups, and the restorative justice and affirmative action plan that seeks to wrest our cultural heritage from us under the guise of egalitarianism.
• Canada hasn’t been burned yet by domestic terrorism, but we certainly shall be if things do not change. Sikh and Islamic terrorism fester here in communities where condemnation of western culture and Canadian life is not shunned, but approved of.
• [B]eyond the myopic Utopianism of the progressive-left who evolved their ideas based on the idyllic fastasy of “multiculturalism”, lies the harsh and unforgiving truth. Terrorists abide our good nature by exploiting it. Because we are so unwilling to question the ethnocentrics, we stand idly by while they annex large portions of our nation for the purposes of their own cultural advancement.
• You will forgive me if I am offended people would suggest I would join a group who believe in restorative justice, affirmative action, civil rights that undervalue certain rights, the undermining of human rights by creating classist systems, and the opposition to traditional values and beliefs.
• The current Conservative Party of Canada has not reached out to my values in the past two years. While they have conservative ideals, their practice is based on populism and neo-liberalism, particularly where it pertains to immigration, spending, and social progressivism.
Oh and there’s much, much, oh-so-much more where that came from. And remember… this is a supposedly “moderate” voice from the Conservative side.
Update: More astounding ignorance here.